Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Start Date: Immediate
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
CAST is in search of an Accounting Associate to join our team and be a key contributor to the weekly billing and payment process, managing a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment. This role would also require the right candidate to help us move towards better automating our systems, ensuring workflows run properly and identifying and resolving issues. In addition, the person in this role will assist in the payroll process.
- Ensures purchase orders are completed correctly and approved
- Tracks down receipts that correspond to invoices for Amex and employee reimbursements
- Processes travel authorization forms
- Reviews travel expense forms submitted to ensure accuracy and proper documentation
- Allocation of expenses into correct accounts and projects
- Reviews consultant invoices and expenses
- Responsible for input of AP into AP module for Financial Edge
- Responsible for weekly check run
- Responsible for the billing, reconciliation and entry into the accounts receivable system (Financial Edge)
- Works closely with the Professional Learning (PL) Group to reconcile services rendered with the recognition and reconciliation of revenues in that area
- Prepares and submits invoices for all PL Group offerings
- Approval of invoices that are sent by the PL Group
- Submission of travel billing related to work when travel part of contract
- Preparation of other AR invoices for contracts not created in PL Group
- Contract billing for Subawards
- Records monthly billing
- Prepares and sends monthly invoices
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Superb organizational skills; attention to detail.
- A proactive and diligent professional who takes initiative and ownership and ensures results are delivered
- Someone who thrives on untangling complex issues and navigating a solution, with an eye towards process improvement over time
- A clear and professional communicator who can support all levels of colleagues with a service-oriented approach
- A tech-savvy associate who can assist in automating our systems with attention to detail
- The ability to be professional and pleasant
- Proficiency in Excel and ability to learn other system
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.